Newscast Media TEHRAN—Reacting to Saudi Arabi’s execution of an outspoken cleric, Hezbollah says the regime is looking at “the abyss” and that indications point to its upcoming demise.
“When a regime loses its mind, that means it has reached the abyss,” Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, the secretary general of the Lebanese resistance movement, said on Sunday.
“The signs of the end of this corrupt criminal unjust Takfiri terrorist regime have begun to emerge,” he noted, saying, “The killing of our brothers, the spilling of our blood will not go just like that and they must be afraid, they must hide.”
Sheikh Nimr had been arrested in 2012 in the Qatif region of Saudi Arabia’s Shia-majority Eastern Province, which was the scene of peaceful anti-regime demonstrations at the time. He had been charged with instigating unrest and undermining the kingdom’s security. He had rejected the charges as baseless.
In 2014, a Saudi court sentenced the clergyman to death, provoking widespread global condemnations. Back then, the UK-based rights body Amnesty International called the sentence “appalling,” saying the verdict should be quashed since it was politically motivated.
Nasrallah, who was speaking during a televised address, said criticism is forbidden in Saudi Arabia, adding that the country is no place for any cleric of any sect casting the kingdom’s policies into question.
Elaborating on Riyadh’s way of treating criticism, the Hezbollah chief said, “He, who speaks out is executed. This is Saudi Arabia, which wants to spread democracy in the region.”
He also blasted Riyadh for its way of promoting divisions across the Muslim world, saying when there is difference between Sunnis and Shias “look for Saudi Arabia.”
“Has not the time come to say with courage to the whole world that the main source and the launching pad for Takfiri ideology…is from this regime, from this family,” Nasrallah noted, adding, “They are partners in all the blood which is spilled in the Arab and Islamic countries.”
Source: Press TV
Newscast Media BEIRUT— Hezbollah chief Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah boasted Tuesday
that his party had the upper hand against Islamists in Syria, while warning Israel that
the resistance was ready for any conflict on Lebanon’s southern border.
Addressing a crowd of tens of thousands commemorating Ashoura in Beirut’s southern
suburbs, Nasrallah once again sought to defend Hezbollah’s intervention in the Syrian
“The goal of the takfiris was to control Syria and eliminate all communities of other
religions and Muslim sects and even those in the Sunni community who do not agree
with their viewpoint,” the secretary-general said. “Syria was waiting to face what is
happening from massacres in Mosul and Anbar … As we enter the fourth year of the
Syrian conflict, the takfiris have not yet been able to control Syria.”
CONTINUE TO FULL STORY>>
Newscast Media DAMASCUS—Hezbollah pledged Wednesday to respond to an Israeli
airstrike earlier this week that targeted a base on the Lebanon-Syria border in the
group’s first official confirmation of the attack.
“This Israeli aggression will not stand without a response from the resistance,”
Hezbollah said in a statement, according to the Daily Star.
“The resistance will choose the right time and place as well as the appropriate
response method,” the group warned.
The statement said there were no casualties in Monday night’s air raid, adding that
the attack had inflicted “some” damage to a Hezbollah base near the Bekaa Valley
border town of Janta.
The statement denied reports that a Hezbollah-bound weapons shipments from Syria
had been the target.
“Reports by some media outlets that artillery or missile bases have been targeted or
that [Hezbollah] fighters [were killed] are baseless,” the group said.
A report published Wednesday in the Israeli daily Haaretz said Israeli defense officials
are preparing for Hezbollah to target senior Israeli figures in retaliation for Monday’s
attack. The report, citing Israeli sources, said Hezbollah was not expected to react
immediately and that Israeli military leaders were preparing accordingly.
Meanwhile, Lebanese President Michel Sleiman asked Foreign Minister Gebran Bassil to
file a complaint with the UN Security Council over Israel’s latest attack.
Source: Tehran Times
Newscast Media HOMS, Syria—According to a report by Israel Hayom, Hezbollah has
threatened to retaliate against any U.S. attack on Syria, by spraying rockets into
Israel. The report by Israel Hayom read:
Following a U.S. attack on Syria, Hezbollah would launch rockets at Israel from the
Syrian city of Homs to “keep Lebanon out of the war,” according to one source who
coordinates activities between the Syrian army and the Shiite terrorist group.
“Hezbollah controls 8,000 square kilometers [about 3,100 square miles] near Homs
and won’t hesitate to engage in a response by launching surface-to-surface missiles
from within Syria,” the source told Al Rai. READ FULL STORY>>
Newscast Media BEIRUT—Hezbollah expressed in a statement issued Monday evening
firm rejection of the European Union’s decision to put its military wing on the list of
terrorism, and considered it as “aggressive, unjust decision written with Zionist ink.”
Hezbollah saw in the EU bowing to pressures of the US administration and Israel as a
serious turnover in its compliance to the White House dictates.
“It looks as if the decision was written by American hands with Zionist ink and the EU
had only to put its seal for approval,” Hezbollah’s statement said.
Hezbollah considered that this unjust decision does not reflect the interests of the
peoples of the European Union “and comes in contrast with its values and aspirations
that support the principles of freedom and independence, which it had always
“If the EU countries think they are booking its locations in our Arab and Islamic
countries by submitting to the logic of U.S. blackmailing, we assure them that
Washington had made similar decision and gained only further failures and
disappointments,” the statement ended up saying.
Source: Hezbollah Media Relations
Newscast Media DAMASCUS—The leader of Lebanon’s Hezbollah militant group has warned that allies of the Syrian regime would not allow it to fall at the hands of rebel forces. He indicated that his Iranian-backed forces were ready to intervene.
In a speech aired by Hezbollah’s television Al-Manar on Tuesday, Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah warned Syrian rebels would not be able to topple President Bashar al-Assad’s regime using force.
“Syria has real friends in the region and the world who will not let Syria fall in the hands of America, in the hands of Israel or in the hands of extremist groups,” the movement’s leader said.
“The battle is long … We tell you [Syrian rebels] that you will not be able to bring this regime down through military means,” he added.
Backed and allegedly financed by Iran, Hezbollah is a staunch ally of President al-Assad. Syrian rebels have accused both Iran and Hezbollah of sending fighters to assist Syrian troops in fighting mainly Sunni opposition forces.
The Shiite Muslim group has formally denied the allegations, admitting only to protecting Shiite villages along Lebanon’s border with Syria. It claims more than 30,000 Shiite Lebanese live in the affected villages.
“We say it clearly, we will not leave the Lebanese in the Qusair rural area vulnerable to attack by armed groups. Who ever needs help, we will not hesitate to give it,” Nasrallah said Tuesday.
His comments were the strongest indication yet that Hezbollah fighters would be open to greater participation in Syria “if the conflict escalates more.”
According to UN figures the two-year conflict in Syria has claimed the lives of more than 70,000 people. What started as an uprising against al-Assad’s regime has now deteriorated into a civil war, which threatens to exacerbate sectarian tensions throughout the region.
Increased involvement from Hezbollah will almost certainly threaten stability in Lebanon, which is deeply divided along sectarian lines. It would also risk involvement from Iran and Israel. Assad’s Alawite sect, an offshoot of Shiite Islam, has the backing of Shiite Iran which has also previously indicated it would not allow the regime to fall to Sunni forces.
Newscast Media BEIRUT—Hezbollah Secretary General Sayyed Nasrallah warned Israel and its allies that the Islamic resistance in Lebanon is fully equipped and will not tolerate any attack against the Lebanese territory, in a televised speech during a ceremony in commemoration of the late Hezbollah leaders, Sheikh Ragheb Harb, Sayyed Abbas Al-Mousawi and Hajj Imad Moghniyeh. Watch:
Courtesy video: Al Manar TV
Newscast Media DAMASACAS—During a speech he gave two days ago, Hezbollah’s Secretary General, Seyyed Hassan Nasrallah said al-Qaeda had been lured into Syria to be killed by the Syrian army, according to Islam Times.
“The situation in Syria is getting more complicated (but) anyone who thinks the armed opposition can settle the situation on the ground is very, very, very mistaken. The West and some allied Arab countries have lured al-Qaeda-affiliated militants into Syria to be killed,” he said.
Nasrallah believes that al-Qaeda fighters have been tricked into entering the lion’s den. His logic makes a lot of sense, because the West could not kill them in the mountains where they were hiding, so they were promised a few guns and bullets and sent to the front lines, where they would be sitting ducks.
Assad has single-handedly killed more al-Qaeda than anyone else in the past 21 months, so he is very useful to the West. All the West has to do, is (i) pretend that they hate Assad, (ii) use the gullible media to spread that narrative, (iii) arm al-Qaeda rebels, (iv) make-believe they (the rebels) are legitimate by recognizing them officially, and (v) send them into the snake pit, knowing they will not return alive.
Al-Qaeda in Syria is a captive audience because they are all congregating in one country, as opposed to being spread out in caves in the Afghan mountains.
“I warn al-Qaeda: the Americans and the European countries and Arab and Islamic countries have set a trap for you in Syria, and opened for you a battlefield so you come from across the world… to be killed and to kill each other,” Nasrallah emphasized in his speech published by Islam Times.
There are already western intelligence reports from Al-Manar that Assad’s army has the upper hand, and Syria has already signed multi-billion dollar contracts exclusively with Russia, for the reconstruction of destroyed parts of Syria.
Russia has also sent additional warships to the Mediterranean, according to Russia’s Defense Ministry.
Newscast Media KHARTOUM—Head of Hamas’ Political Bureau, Khaled Meshaal, said that the Palestinian resistance is the one that will deter “Israel” and not vice versa, stressing that the days of “Israel” on Palestinian land are numbered.
In a speech on the Conference of the Islamic Movement in Khartoum, Meshaal said, “Today Israel’s leaders say they are punishing the Palestinian resistance with these strikes and for restoring the Israeli deterrent power, no power in the world can deter the real owners of the land. All military forces in the world cannot deter people of free will. The enemy is weak and many tours are still awaiting.”
Meshaal added that the real Palestinian infrastructure is the men, women and children of Palestine, indicating the Hamas will keep “loyal to all of those who supported the path of Resistance.”
For his part, spokesman for the Resistance movement, Fawzi Barhoum, said the assassination of top Hamas leader Ahmed Jabari is a declaration of war.
“This is a real declaration of war. The enemy will pay a heavy price for its crime and will regret the moment it thought of perpetrating it.”
Barhoum said Israel had initiated a war with Hamas and other Palestinian groups in the Gaza Strip, “but it does not know how it will end.” The armed wing of Hamas would launch retaliatory attacks against ‘Israel’, he said.
Source: Al Manar TV
Newscast Media DAMASCUS—A state of deep confusion still haunts the Israeli occupation leadership after the strategic achievement represented by Hezbollah’s “Ayyoub” drone flight over the southern part of occupied Palestine. A battle of accusations is being traded among different military and security divisions as to whom the blame should be directed in this new Israeli failure.
After the devastating blows that the Syrian army has dealt the terrorist groups, it has been noticed that Turkey has increased its involvement in the Syrian crisis. This new attitude was attributed according to some analysts to Turkey’s plan to support the military groups’ morals and to busy the Syrian troops in order to ease the pressure around the rebels.
During a meeting for Western states’ ambassadors, upon tackling the Syrian issue, one of the ambassadors asked whether his other colleagues thought President Bashar Al-Assad would be toppled. No one raised his hand.
Meanwhile, a few days after Hezbollah drone, “Ayyoub”, flew hundreds of kilometers into Israeli airspace, Israel sacked Commander of its Air Force’s Air Defense Layout Brigadier General Doron Gavish. According to the Palestinian Ma’an news agency, Colonel Shachar Shochat, head of the IDF’s “Harvest Time” fiscal streamlining program, and formerly the commander of the Active Defense wing of the Air Defense Layout, will be promoted to the rank of Brigadier General and appointed the head of the IAF’s Air Defense Layout. Shochat will be appointed to replace Gavish.
Earlier, Hezbollah Secretary General Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah said that the surveillance drone, which flew over occupied Palestine reaching the southern part, was sent by the Islamic resistance in Lebanon.
“The resistance in Lebanon sent an advanced surveillance drone from the Lebanese lands towards the sea. It drove it for hundreds of kilometers over the sea, then penetrated the enemy’s new measures, entered south Palestine, and flew over several significant locations, before being spotted by the Israeli air force,” Nasrallah said.
Hezbollah S.G. also said that this operation would not be the last, voicing the resistance intention to send more drones to fly into the Israeli airspace. Shochat, formerly the commander of the Active Defense wing of the Air Defense Layout, is expected to begin his new job this week.
Newscast Media WASHINGTON, D.C.—Last week there was indication from the State Department that the terrorist group Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO) could be removed from the list of terrorist organizations, but no justification was given to explain such a move. MKO took refuge in Iraq and under the support of Saddam Hussein, fought the Iraq-Iran war in the 1980s.
“I am not in a position to confirm the contents of this, because it’s classified, but we anticipate being able to make a public announcement about it sometime before October 1,” State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland told the press. Others suspect that the reason the US may want to remove MKO from the list is to destabilize the region by using the group to fight proxy wars the way al-Qaeda is being used in the Middle East.
“The move indicates the United States’ blatant support for extremist and terrorist groups like the MKO and Al Qaeda-affiliated organizations, which is aimed at stirring tension among Muslims,” Khalid Abdul Wahab al-Mala who is also the head of the Council of Iraqi Scholars in Southern Iraq told Fars News Agency.
“The US wants to dominate the region, steal its assets and spark war and religious and sectarian conflicts in the region,” Mala added.
It is believed that Hillary Clinton plans to run for president in 2016, therefore it will be interesting to see what her decision will be between now and October 1, given the recent deaths of American diplomats in Libya at the hands of Islamist terrorists. The consequences of her decision will certainly have an impact on the way she is judged in the next four years, should she decide to run for president.