Newscast Media TEL AVIV—Air raid sirens have been heard over Tel Aviv as rocket
incursions from Gaza into Israel appeared to be on the increase. Hamas has warned
that “all Israelis” are now targets in revenge for a deadly airstrike.
Air raid sirens were sounded in Tel Aviv on Tuesday, while live television showed an
apparent midair interception by Israel’s Iron Dome anti-missile system.
Israeli officials had been expecting an increase in rocket fire from the Gaza Strip after
Hamas officials vowed revenge for an airstrike on the home of one of their leaders in
the southern Gaza town of Khan Younis. Hamas announced that the strike had killed
six people, with children among the dead. CONTINUE TOO FULL ARTICLE>>
Newscast Media HOMS, Syria—According to a report by Israel Hayom, Hezbollah has
threatened to retaliate against any U.S. attack on Syria, by spraying rockets into
Israel. The report by Israel Hayom read:
Following a U.S. attack on Syria, Hezbollah would launch rockets at Israel from the
Syrian city of Homs to “keep Lebanon out of the war,” according to one source who
coordinates activities between the Syrian army and the Shiite terrorist group.
“Hezbollah controls 8,000 square kilometers [about 3,100 square miles] near Homs
and won’t hesitate to engage in a response by launching surface-to-surface missiles
from within Syria,” the source told Al Rai. READ FULL STORY>>
Newscast Media WASHINGTON, D.C.—The Middle East is once again engaged in a military undertaking after both Arabs and Israelis accused each other of instigating the current conflict. In what Israel referred to as operation “Pillar of Defence” Israel killed Ahmad Jabari, the commander of the Hamas military wing, in a surgical air strike, after days of escalating Palestinian rocket attacks and Israeli strikes at militant targets.
The Palestinians responded to the attacks by firing several hundred rockets into Israel. As both sides escalated the attacks, there was a call for a ceasefire, however, Hamas reportedly rejected the demand to stop rocket fire.
“All options are on the table. If necessary, the (Israeli military) is ready to initiate a ground operation in Gaza,” Israeli Brig. Gen. Yoav Mordechai said in a radio interview according to USA Today.
Islamic Jihad military wing Al-Quds Brigades assured its complete readiness to confront any ground war on the Gaza Strip, indicating that “capturing Zionist soldiers” would be on top of its priorities. The faction’s spokesman “Abu Ahmad” told Paltoday website that “the brigade has many surprises” for the enemy, adding that “the Zionist enemy is living a state of confusion and is waging a psychological war on the
resistance to force it to agree on pacification after having suffered painful strikes,” according to Al Manar News.
YNET News also reports that the Arab newspaper al-Sharq al-Awsat, accuses Iran and Syria of instigating the violence in Gaza.
“What is happening in Gaza is escaping forward, particularly in the hope of saving al-Assad or at least ensuring that the cost of toppling him will be greater for everybody. The greatest architect of such wars is Iran,” al-Sharq al-Awsat said as published on YNET News.
Israeli Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu said the military is prepared to “significantly expand the operation” against Hamas-run Gaza. However, British Foreign Secretary and First Secretary of State, William Hague told Sky New that ground invasion of the Gaza Strip would lose Israel much international sympathy and support.
“The Prime Minister and I have both stressed to our Israeli counterparts that a ground invasion of Gaza would lose Israel a lot of the international support and sympathy that they have in this situation. A ground invasion is much more difficult for the international community to sympathize with or support – including the United Kingdom,” Hague said.
Meanwhile, Barack Obama says Israel has the right to defend itself against enemy attacks.
“No country on earth would tolerate missiles raining down on its people. Any effort to resolve the conflict in Gaza starts with no missiles being fired into Israel’s territory,” Obama emphasized.
Newscast Media KHARTOUM—Head of Hamas’ Political Bureau, Khaled Meshaal, said that the Palestinian resistance is the one that will deter “Israel” and not vice versa, stressing that the days of “Israel” on Palestinian land are numbered.
In a speech on the Conference of the Islamic Movement in Khartoum, Meshaal said, “Today Israel’s leaders say they are punishing the Palestinian resistance with these strikes and for restoring the Israeli deterrent power, no power in the world can deter the real owners of the land. All military forces in the world cannot deter people of free will. The enemy is weak and many tours are still awaiting.”
Meshaal added that the real Palestinian infrastructure is the men, women and children of Palestine, indicating the Hamas will keep “loyal to all of those who supported the path of Resistance.”
For his part, spokesman for the Resistance movement, Fawzi Barhoum, said the assassination of top Hamas leader Ahmed Jabari is a declaration of war.
“This is a real declaration of war. The enemy will pay a heavy price for its crime and will regret the moment it thought of perpetrating it.”
Barhoum said Israel had initiated a war with Hamas and other Palestinian groups in the Gaza Strip, “but it does not know how it will end.” The armed wing of Hamas would launch retaliatory attacks against ‘Israel’, he said.
Source: Al Manar TV
Newscast Media WASHINGTON, D.C.—Last week there was indication from the State Department that the terrorist group Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO) could be removed from the list of terrorist organizations, but no justification was given to explain such a move. MKO took refuge in Iraq and under the support of Saddam Hussein, fought the Iraq-Iran war in the 1980s.
“I am not in a position to confirm the contents of this, because it’s classified, but we anticipate being able to make a public announcement about it sometime before October 1,” State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland told the press. Others suspect that the reason the US may want to remove MKO from the list is to destabilize the region by using the group to fight proxy wars the way al-Qaeda is being used in the Middle East.
“The move indicates the United States’ blatant support for extremist and terrorist groups like the MKO and Al Qaeda-affiliated organizations, which is aimed at stirring tension among Muslims,” Khalid Abdul Wahab al-Mala who is also the head of the Council of Iraqi Scholars in Southern Iraq told Fars News Agency.
“The US wants to dominate the region, steal its assets and spark war and religious and sectarian conflicts in the region,” Mala added.
It is believed that Hillary Clinton plans to run for president in 2016, therefore it will be interesting to see what her decision will be between now and October 1, given the recent deaths of American diplomats in Libya at the hands of Islamist terrorists. The consequences of her decision will certainly have an impact on the way she is judged in the next four years, should she decide to run for president.